Clinics & Services
As well as general medical consultations we offer a range of clinics and services as listed below. Our receptionists will be happy to advise you on any of them.
Asthma / COPD Clinic - we encourage everyone to attend a check up once a year
- Antenatal - clinics held weekly by appointment with the midwife.
– you will be contacted when these are due
. If you have any queries please ask your Health Visitor
Blood Pressure – our phlebotomist or any of the nurses can take your blood pressure or you can give us your home blood pressure readings.
Bloods Tests – with our phlebotomist or a nurse. Please allow at least a week for your test results.
Diabetic Clinic – We are now delivering lifestyle and diabetic reviews as a group consultation. This is because people tell us that they really like spending longer (45-60 minutes) with their doctor or nurse, getting to meet and learn from others in the same boat and having a bigger say in what gets discussed. There is also really good research showing that when people join together for reviews in groups, they do better at looking after themselves and their health improves. People say that group sessions are very enjoyable and that they learn a lot from others' experiences. Once you have had your blood test, should you require any lifestyle or diabetic advice, you will be invited to attend one of our group lifestyle and diabetic sessions.
ECG’s – carried out by the practice nurses.
- Family Planning – routine pill checks, depot-injections, emergency contraception and general advice can be given by nurses. Coils and implants can also be fitted by Dr Clarke and Dr MacDonald.
– special clinics are run on a yearly basis for those at risk
Minor Operations – Dr Belle carries out minor operations once a month. Please book via a doctor.
- Skin Clinic – Cryotherapy is used in the treatment of warts, verrucas and some other skin lesions.
Smears – we carry out regular smears for women between the ages of 25-65.